Monday, February 20, 2023

Goddamn Motherfucking Snowstorm Of The Fucking Century

Well, what the meteorologists hinted at last week appears to be coming true this week: We will have an epic, and possibly historic, blizzard.  All the models agree that, all told (from Tuesday through Thursday, although all the weather people insist there will be a sizable lull Wednesday), a foot of snow is certain, 15 inches is all but certain, and the consensus is that there will be -- my fucking God -- 20 inches of snow once all this shit is over.  There's a plausible chance -- not good, but apparently plausible -- that the Twin Cities could see two feet.  The record snowfall from a storm is the infamous Halloween Blizzard at just more than 28 inches.  Everybody says this storm will fall short, but the final total will be in the ballpark.

Goddamn.  Motherfucker.  I am emotionally upset right now because I fear this storm -- all of its aspects, whether it be driving through it or plowing it, and plowing it, and plowing it.  I was in high school for the Halloween Blizzard, so I remember it, but I don't remember it being all that bad because, frankly, I was a kid and I didn't have to deal with driving or shoveling all the snow.  My parents did that, or Grandmother did.  But I was a child studying to go to college, and I didn't need to be distracted by that shit.  This time around, though, it's just me here, and I have responsibilities.  So it falls on me to deal with all this snow -- on the roads, on my driveway, and, fuck, on the roof.

I'm actually scared that this fucking blizzard will kill me.  Can't be 100% sure it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment