Saturday, February 25, 2023

Am I Lactose-Intolerant Or Not?

Going out in about half an hour to watch EPL in downtown Minneapolis (at least hopefully; this pub likes to also showcase rugby, and the 6 Nations Games are being played at the same time, and as of right now I have no interest in watching rugby) is not the best to get the shits.

Had a banana and coffee at work yesterday/Friday (with a hash brown just before going into work), then I went to a friend's birthday party at our college football Game-watching place where I got a beer pretzel and a couple pieces of cake she brought.  Then I went to Subway to buy a sandwich with a two-dollar off "coupon" on the app which expired end of day.  Went to be dearly, got up early, got thirsty, realized I should polish off the milk that's still in the fridge, and off I went to the bathroom.

I guess the combination of all those things would go through my system.  But once in a while, when I drink milk first thing in the morning, that triggers my execratory system to go into overdrive.  I thought that was because I am lactose-intolerant.  However, I have switched to lactose-free milk, including this carton I just finished, and I'm still running into the bathroom.  So I'm not lactose-intolerant ... but it's something else in the milk (and it's regular cow milk, not oak or almond or soy) that's giving me the runs?

Asked my doctor this once during my physical and he said it wasn't worth testing.  Just try lactose-free milk to see if anything changes.  Thing is, I still don't know.  So (shrug)

No comments:

Post a Comment