Wednesday, February 8, 2023

I Can't Resist The Soup. I Can Resist Workers Who Give Me The Silent Treatment

I decided I wanted to hang out at a coffeeshop and work on both alumni club stuff and my receipts last/Tuesday night.  The main thing in the evening -- well, besides LeBron James passing Kareem for the NBA's all-time scoring record -- was The State Of The Union address, and while it's important and while I am on the side of Dark Brandon, I do not want to be anywhere near a television set when a president has to make that boring speech.

On my drive there, I saw that my car was at a quarter tank.  It was possible I could have gone a day without filling up, and today/Wednesday is a no-spending, eat-at-home day for me.  But I didn't want to risk needing gasoline and not having the time for it when I had time after getting coffee and doing some work on my computer.  So I went to a particular gas station to fill up ... and to get some soup.  This particular gas station has a bevy of soups, but I regularly go for the macaroni in meat sauce.  I went to the gas brand to see if they had it, and tonight they had it.  So, even though I wasn't hungry, and in fact ate dessert at the coffeeshop (along with tea) which to me signifies that that's it when it comes to eating, I ate soup.  And by the way, it's the second cup of soup I've had at this kind of gas station; after work, along with putting air on one of my tires, I decided to get another cup of soup -- different station although it's the same brand.  Not the same soup; there was no macaroni in meat sauce, but I got a mac 'n' cheese instead.

As a result, I feel fat.  I guess I could have gone without the soup.  But I didn't.

---

Oh, by the way, when I was getting the soup, I was "helped" by a worker there who didn't speak at all to me.  I ladled the soup into my cup, but I needed a lid.  The worker was walking by; I asked her if she had any lids.  She went into the cabinet, took out a plastics sleeve of lids, opened it, and gave one to me.  It slipped out of my hands and onto the counter, but thankfully it didn't reach the floor.  I grabbed it and said thanks to this worker.  She said nothing.  Nothing at all throughout this encounter.  Yeah, I got what I wanted, but her silent treatment was disturbing at best and offensive at worst.  I don't know if I want to go to this station anymore. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment