Sunday, February 19, 2023

Don't have anything to do tonight.  I have planned to go to a coffeeshop to work on my expenses and maybe some alumni stuff.  However, Margo Price is playing at First Ave.  I have heard many of Margo Price's songs.  Tickets are available, and for a total (including fees) of $41.56.  I am surprised that there are tickets still available to her show, and that the cost isn't unreasonable.  (I am still reading City Pages I have kept from 2011.  First Avenue always had an advertisement in it showing off their upcoming concerts.  I am blown away that many of the concerts were selling, without fees, for under $20.)

That makes me think that I should go, as if these are signs that I should see Margo Price.  Quite frankly, however, while I respect her and her music ... shoot, I can't say that I was ever curious about going to her show until recently.  I feel bad, partly because there were other acts who have thinner discographies whose shows I did look forward to for weeks.  And there are other acts who have songs that I like a lot.  For example, Stephen Sanchez has that song, "Until I Found You," that is a perfect throwback to the 50's.  He's playing next Sunday at the Fine Line.  And that show is sold out.  And I am bummed; even though I only like one song of his -- I'll confess; even though I only know one song of his -- if the price is reasonable, I would go see Stephen Sanchez.  But I probably can't.

I just don't feel that ... enthused about Margo Price.  Guess I'll take the time tonight to do paperwork that needs to get done.  My God, this isn't supposed to be a slam post about Margo Price.  I now feel guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment