Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Refuse To Engage

All I can, and should, say is that asshole whom I had to contact for work flew off his fucking handle again.  Forgot about this guy -- I swear I blog posted about him before, but I can't find it -- and I think he was actually decent and professional when he needed something from me several months ago.  But yesterday I needed information from him, and he responded like a whiny diaper baby.

I got all up in my dander with his condescending e-mail to me.  But I took a breath and I thought.  And then I e-mailed a different department to assist with this prick.  And I then I asked my co-worker for help.  This guy had the balls to e-mail me again, and this time his complaining exposed him for who he truly was: A drama queen.  Seeing that second e-mail made me less afraid of him and more ... I'd say done with him.  And that's when I remembered that I don't have to engage with this person.  In fact, I shouldn't take his bait.  It won't solve the problem, and it might get me in trouble.  I hate walking away because it always feels to me like I've "lost."  But there is so much else I can lose if I trusted my instincts and told this little bitch how I really felt.  So I didn't.  I pass it along to people who are paid to deal with these people.

Refuse to engage.  If that's an option, I should take it more often.  Now, what do I have to do if this little bitch comes at me again?

No comments:

Post a Comment