Saturday, February 4, 2023

Working Overtime. Sorta.

So, because of the storms down South, the work that we would have done, oh, Tuesday through Thursday didn't start to arrive until yesterday/Friday.  It came in such a crush yesterday/Friday that, instead of staying until we got done, we just stopped at some point and left.

There was a ton of work left.  The night shift was going to go through some, but it's likely that some of that is going to carry over to today, plus there might be more backlog that gets shipped up here today.  Because of that, my boss has signaled this is all hands on deck; if you can come and help as part of overtime today/Saturday, that'd be great.

And I, being a good soldier (as well as someone who spends way too much money on both eating out and strippers yanking my dick, both of which I did last night), I am going in.  Had tentative plans to watch the Gopher women's hockey team, ranked third in the country, play the #1 team in the country, Ohio St., at Ridder Arena this afternoon, but I feel as though the company and (more importantly) my fellow co-workers need me.  However, I am also working tomorrow/Sunday, starting at 6:30.  I'm not that good of a soldier; work-life balance, right?  More than the women's hockey Game, I had my mind set on watching the EPL at a bar.  Don't tell anyone, but I am going to drink alcohol there, then go to work, which is not too far from where the bar is.  I think I can pull it off.

Thing is, after ***e* and ***u** double-teamed me last/Friday night (although it did take some effort), I felt real, really tired, and I hit the hay at around 11.  And, I woke up around 6 ... well, more like 5:30, but I laid in bed until I looked at my watch and it said 6.  I got about six hours of sleep (assuming I also laid in bed before falling unconscious) and, frankly, I could have gone straight away to work because I was up in time.  Isn't sleeping in, after all, the reason I didn't get to work when we usually start at 8, and so if I'm not sleeping in, why not go to work with the rest of my co-workers?

Well, it's too late now.  Besides, I had my heart set on watching some soccer.  Plus, to be honest, we could have started as soon as 6, and while I was up by then ... nah, I wasn't going in then.  I work tomorrow.  I deserve some sort of break!

No comments:

Post a Comment