Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Where Are You, Storage People?

Today I endeavor to remember to call the people who manage my storage unit.  It's time for me to re-up; I think my lease ends at the end of March.  But I tried actually going to the storage place and dropping by their office, and both times the door was closed, even though I visited when they said they would be open.

I don't remember ever being "ghosted" by them.  They live at the complex, and I see them occasionally when I run in and grab some stuff in my unit.  They seemed like a decent, normal couple.  I therefore find it inexplicable that they wouldn't there during normal office hours.  And it's starting to scare me.  You see, I usually pay well enough in advance of the renewal date that they won't send notices to renew through the mail.  My parents don't know I pay for a storage unit.  Well, they do, and Father is a pussy ass bitch when he brings it up because he hates that I pay for a storage unit.  I play dumb and am all, "I don't know what you're talking about."  Anyway, even if I am just keeping up a charade, and even though my parents aren't coming back for another month (gulp, only a month?!), if they see a renewal notice through the mail when they start picking it up ... well, they can get violent is all I'll say.

I want to nip this in the bud, and I want to nip this in the bud now.  And so I hope I can call, give the couple my credit card information, tell/remind them not to send a renewal notice, and I'll be able to act like I haven't thrown all my shit into some 5'x5' tin container.

No comments:

Post a Comment