Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Addendum To: Where Are You, Storage People?

And for all the bitching I did last night about slowly freaking out over not being able to pay for my storage unit, I did not do what I vowed to do and called them yesterday/Tuesday.  I just flat-out forgot.  It's not like I was swamped with work; it was OK.

The only thing that derailed my day was that my phone was draining itself at work all day.  That's because I shut off the Auto-Lock feature.  I did that when I was watching Sling on my TV through AppleTV and AirPlay, but the Game I was watching shut off after 30 seconds because the cellphone put itself to sleep.  I turned off Auto-Lock, but then it wouldn't turn itself off until I turned it off.  And this happened after I used my phone to get on my data plan, pull up the McDonald's app (the Mickey D's wi-fi wasn't working for some dumb reason), and used a coupon.  I guess I just shoved it in my pocket without turning it off.  And since I didn't turn it off, it just stayed in my pocket four hours until it got stupid hot and drained itself to 20% energy.

So I was occupied with getting home and charging up my battery.  Didn't panic driving home; in fact, I forgot about how low in energy my phone was until I got home and charged it.  And all this time, until it was way late in the evening, I didn't think about calling the storage unit couple.  Whoops.

Maybe I'll try and call them tomorrow.  If I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment