Wednesday, March 29, 2023

So they come home (or they should; they're coming in on Spirit, so there's no guarantee the plane will make it) this afternoon, and even though I feel as though I won't need to do anything in preparation for them coming home, I still have the day off to tie up loose ends.

The thing I plan on doing is getting both cars washed.  I also have four bags of stuff I either need to sift through very quickly (I have speed-read and have tossed more issues in the past four hours than I did in the past seven months) or take back to storage.  There are other things I want to take back there, too, so I might need to build in time to make a run.  Or, I can say screw it, hide them in my closet, forget about cleaning the cars, and sleep in.  That works, too.

By the way, as much as I hate them coming back, I kind of am looking forward to having them home, too.  A lot of it is because I want them to take care of the water heater.  But they're getting up in age, and even though I saw them around Christmastime, I still don't know how many years I have left with them.  Dammit, even through the bad times I kind of miss them.  That's the hold parents have on you, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment