Thursday, March 9, 2023

My Lucky Break Of Good Fortune

So I was going to bitch and feel sorry for myself.  The volunteer event I organized for this weekend just closed registration.  I reserved 20 spots, but they are never fully filled, so I got stray e-mails from a couple who didn't register and told them no worries, they'll get in.

I got the list this morning and, by God, they're all filled.  Never happened before.  That's a good thing ... until I remembered that I promised people spots that they don't necessarily have.

Well, if worse comes to worst, I could e-mail the site and ask if they can squeeze in a couple more people.  Or, I could sit this one out.  Or, I could look and see if more spots are available.  Did that at work and picked up one spot.  And miraculously, I checked just now and there were another five spots that became available.  Not only did everyone who asked for a spot now have one, I now have three extra.

I've been thinking for several days of making a tag called "good fortune."  I need to be more grateful in my life.  It's about time I introduce the tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment