Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Of Course Two Things Have To Happen At The Same Time

Tomorrow/Thursday night two events are happening at the same time, both of which I want to go to: A First Round NCAA Women's Hockey Tournament Game between Minnesota-Duluth and Clarkson, and a rally and concert only for Minnesota United FC season-ticketholders at First Avenue.  I want to go to both.  Alas, they're happening pretty much at the same time in the evening.

I'm still thinking about which one to go to, but right now, I'm leaning toward the First Ave. event.  I love sports, and I especially love Games between teams I am not emotionally invested in.  Tournament Games, where the stakes are at its highest?  Even better.  But that First Ave. concert/rally is intended for STHs like me, even if I will have to pay $25 to attend.  There will probably be fees, too.  And I looked at the price of a ticket for the Bulldogs-Golden Knights Game; it's five bucks, so even with fees it'll be, what, $15 less?  Less than half the price?  OK, I'm still thinking, I guess.

By the way, the tournament wasn't going to be set up with matchups and times until Sunday, and I, in fact, assumed that the First Round Game, the winner of which was going to face Minnesota on Saturday, was going to be on Friday.  Either they changed it this Year or, well, I didn't realize the NCAA changed the format so that tournament Games would be space a Day apart.  So when I saw that the Game was going to be tomorrow/Thursday and thus create a conflict, I think I muttered, "Ah, shit" to myself.

Actually, there is a third thing that was happening around the same time.  I scheduled a massage tomorrow evening.  When I reserved a spot, either I didn't know there was going to be a rally and concert that same night until I got an e-mail from MNUFC or I didn't realize it was the same evening.  That the Game was the same night was just a further annoyance.

I think I'll hope to move up the massage.  If not, I'll have to cancel.  And, also by the way, up to yesterday I didn't think I would be doing any of these events because there apparently was supposed to be a huge blizzard coming tomorrow and Friday.  But what initially was supposed to dump 7-10" was ratcheted down to 2-5".  And since the temperature is supposed to be above freezing till part of tomorrow evening, I think a lot of the snow will melt on contact.  I am going to go out and do something.  What, I don't know.  But I will do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment