Thursday, March 30, 2023

First Night With Parents Back

They got in 90 minutes late.  Fuckin' Spirit.

Anyway, the greatest thing from them so far is that they seem to be in perfect health.  The next-greatest thing is no fighting (fingers crossed).  In fact, it was I who got testy with both of them, when Mother asked for a way to cancel her iCloud subscription and when Father wondered how in the hell we don't have hot water.  (Oh, about that; Father turned off the heater for some reason.  It was freaky to try and turn all the faucets on hot water and see the water just stop.  We lit the pilot light.  First time I ever did that.  Have heard horror stories about that.  I really thought we'd blow up the house because you need expertise to re-light the pilot.)

Downsides?  Well, because they came on a day when the high temperature dipped below freezing for the first time in many days, they've jacked up the central heat from 61 at night to 70, my God.  And, I once again ate too much; about 105 minutes after I stopped by Matt's Bar for the first time in a long time, I was eating Costco chicken, cucumbers and a salad with my parents.  I just have to remember that I probably eat was much without their prompting, I just don't feel as much in control when I eat too much because of them.

I'm expecting the water heater to be replaced today.  Both Father and I have woken up in the middle of the night to dump the water.  We cannot live like this, no can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment