Monday, March 27, 2023

Got nervous; didn't want to run the water, but I saw somewhere that you should run water through a still-on heater about once every 24 hours, so I did.  This time around, even though I ran for ten minutes at most, the worst leak was the one from the main, right before the gauge.  Can we fix that, or is that the city's responsibility?

I still think the water's getting worse, but I think I can manage if I turn it on for a little bit, just to keep the tank full-ish so the heater doesn't explode and so I can at least brush my teeth and flush my pee.  I am worried about the leak(s) getting worse if I run the water, but I'm also worried about damaging the heater and potentially blowing up the house if I don't run the water.  Fuckin' bind I'm in.  Anyway, I had to soak up the water that was dripping, mostly from the main.  I can deal with this for two-ish more days.  I think.

I'm hearing sounds from everywhere right now.  I opened sinks upstairs and downstairs, like I think you're told to, just to keep the air out of the system.  But now I'm scared those sounds are leaks themselves.  Oh, also, when I was downstairs, I swear I felt drops from the ceiling.  How many leaks in the copper pipes are there?

You should see me talking to my parents now that I really need them.  Bitching about going back to school, humiliating me into not driving the family in the rented SUV, all of that falls by the wayside because I need their help in figuring out how to deal with these leaks.  I understand that life forces you to forget about your arguments.  I still feel as though I'm letting them off too easy.

Finally, the plumber who installed the actual water heater in fact did call me yesterday/Sunday.  Didn't hear the phone.  Will call today at work.  Home Depot called back with an estimate.  Texted it to Father; he thought it was so expensive, and that he thinks he'll just install it himself.  No, just no.  I'll check to see if the estimate from this guy -- leaks included, they need to be fixed -- is any cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment