Saturday, March 18, 2023

2023 March Madness Anti-Picks, Round 2

Record, Round 1: 8-11
Outlay, Round 1: $1,450.00
Winnings, Round 1: $1,105.00
Overall Loss: $345.00

I was 7-0 for the first day.  Never done that.  Never.  And then I went 1-8 for the second day.  Add that I blew all three parlays, and I wind up where I wound up.  Fucking sucks -- and then I remember that this is all fake.

What really irks me is that I would have pulled off the five-legged parlay if not for my alma mater shitting the bed.  Goddamn, that would have been sweet -- even if it is fake.

---

Since this is an even round, turnaround odds for some online sites simply aren't in.  (I'm using Covers, by the way.)  But all Games have at least an opening line, so I am saying all odds are live:

1) San Diego St. -5 1/2 (Furman should have lost) $100

2) Duke -3 1/2 (Note that Tennessee is the higher seed and yet is not only an underdog, but is an underdog by this much ... and I think it's a little low) $100

3) Missouri -6 1/2 (I want Princeton to win so fucking bad, but I think the Tigers' high-risk, high-variance play will prove they are the victorious Tigers today/Saturday) $50

4) Kentucky -1 (another inversion; Kansas St. is the higher seed) $100

5) Michigan St. +2 1/2 (I think they're poised enough to beat Marquette; also, this keeps up the integrity of my bracket) $50 

6) UConn -3 1/2 (I'll be honest; I have the Huskies advancing to the Final Four ... and I had St. Mary's losing yesterday/Friday) $50

7) Creighton +1 (Baylor is extremely vulnerable defensively on the down low; if the Bluejays can exploit that ...) $50

8) An underdog parlay: Pair 5) with 7), for $50.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment