Saturday, February 11, 2023

Fun Times, And No Fun Times

I came home from the basement bar last/Friday night sated, drink- and especially food-wise.  But I was so happy, and buzzy, that I was on one, and so I went to Taco Bell to eat 1,000 more calories.  I could have stayed home and make a sandwich from the fridge and both saved money and probably ate less.  My problem in a nutshell, huh?

---

I had plans on watching the EPL this/Saturday morning.  But the place in downtown Minneapolis I wanted to go to is also showing Six Nations Rugby, and I can't get into that, at least not right now.  There's another bar just down Nicollet that has recently re-opened (more like resurrected itself over the past year after the pandemic) to regular hours, but it's an Arsenal bar and Arsenal is playing at 9 a.m., and I kind of want to be alone.  I could have gone to the bar in St. Paul, which was the one I went to last Saturday, but I don't want to go back there two Saturdays in a row, plus I went there last Saturday because I was going to go in to work after EPL and it was relatively close by.  We apparently got caught up from work delayed by last week's storm in the South around Wednesday, I think, so there's no overtime offered nor needed today, and so I'll just avoid the whole area today.

And yet, because of my inebriation, I went to bed relatively early and woke up a bit past 8:30.  If I really, really wanted to go watch EPL, I think I could have gotten dressed quickly and drove like a bat out of hell to a bar in time.  Maybe.  (Actually, I woke up a bit before 8:30 because I laid in bed for a good bit.)  See, if I decide not to go out to watch soccer, I want my body not to wake up until it's way too late to have the opportunity to go out to watch soccer.  By waking up around 8:30, I'm torn between bolting out of bed and peeling away to a bar or agonizing about letting a fun time pass me by.

Oh, well.  I have chores and errands -- this blog, watering Father's plants, getting the car washed, getting a shave, getting tested, visiting Grandmother's friend, paying for my storage unit, buying baking soda and mini-Pepsis, maybe shoveling and salting the driveway and back deck, and ... well, other stuff.  I don't know if I'll have time to do it all.  I guess I should figure that if I went to watch soccer, I wouldn't have been able to do some or even all of the things I just listed, and should do.

And come to think of it, it's about time I do those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment