Monday, April 17, 2023

Alright -- Now My Car Is Giving Me Problems

Ever since the potholes began opening up (at least I think), I have heard rattling underneath the hood that has only gotten louder.  Worse than that, I hear this squealing often when I accelerate (meaning that even though it doesn't happen every time I accelerate, the only time I hear the squealing is when I accelerate), and it's gotten worse.  Since I've driven over many, many potholes the past couple months, I am hoping it's just things loosening because of the bumps.  Maybe a belt is dry.  Worst-case scenario?  Frayed belt or, God help me, the transmission.  Lately it feels as though it's not accelerating as smoothly as before.

The thing is is that I don't want to bring my car in, at least not yet.  The warning on the dashboard for low oil hasn't happened yet, but it's coming soon.  Moreover, I don't want to take a day off for this when, in two weeks, I'll be working second shift, meaning I can bring the car during the day.  The squealing and rattling is getting worse, and so my anxiety is getting worse, too, but I am hoping I can hold on for two weeks when, hopefully, the oil will get low enough to finally get it changed.

I just hope a belt doesn't snap or my transmission busts out on me before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment