Saturday, April 29, 2023

Part Of The Lights Kind Of Gone Down

Don't exactly know what hit me, but I got tired by around 10:30 last night.  So I went to bed; if I can't go to sleep, I'll do the things I needed to do in the evening, such as pick up all my receipts and use the lime juice for the cocktail I was planning on drinking then, but if I fall asleep, woo-hoo, I'll have a good night's sleep.

The latter happened.  The good night was ruined by the Mild losing to The Bastard North Stars, but I expected that to happen.  So it's 6 in the morning and I'm wide awake, and I remember that I can catch the early EPL Match on my satellite radio.  I get up and, on the way to the radio, I turn on my space heater because it's a little chilly here in Minnesota ... and it doesn't turn on.  After making sure I had the heater turned on, it appears as though the outlet isn't working.  Can't turn on my SiriusXM receiver either because the outlet it's plugged into isn't working either, which pisses me off because this will be one of the few times I can remember waking up on a Saturday of all damn days early enough to listen to daybreak soccer and can't.

I was worried that I would have to learn how to change an outlet or something.  But I then realized I should check the rest of the house.  I just needed to turn to my right; the radio isn't working.  The lights in my bathroom aren't working, either, as is everything in the computer room, including my main modem.  This is why I have to use my alternate wi-fi.

Don't know why this happens, but very occasionally it does.  I remember it was really bad a couple decades ago.  In the summer, a storm was so bad that it knocked out power in our house.  After a few hours or overnight, the power came back on ... in some parts of the house, but not the middle of it, of all things.  The kitchen lights and, I want to say, the lights right below the kitchen, in the den/game room wouldn't turn on.  That lasted a week.  The utility actually had to come to the neighborhood and do something before everything would turn back up.

I have gone online to report an outage.  I am going out for the day.  I hope that when I come back, everything will be restored.  Don't know what I'll do if it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment