Friday, March 8, 2024

Chafing (For Lack Of A Better Word) Continues

So my boss wasn't even at work yesterday/Thursday, but my supervisor came in and told me she was monitoring my hours so that I wouldn't go over 40 hours this week.  Goddammit, this is chapping my hide.  Work in The Fourth Department has been relatively light all week.  (All year, actually.  I've been comparing the workload I've been receiving recently to the paperwork I got this time last year, and there's been a slight downtick -- as if we've gotten less and less work.  I wonder ...)  And I still have someone looking over my shoulder assuring I'm not getting overtime.

Like I continue to say, if there is work there, I have to do it.  Conversely, fine, if there isn't work, then I'll cut out early, that's fine.  I thought I was going to do that yesterday/Thursday, but something came in last-minute, and so I stayed an extra half-hour.  I have already stayed an extra half-hour already this week so, even though I thought I could whack my time so that I would just about be even going into today/Friday, I am now over by about an hour.  Which means that, if they're going to be supercilious time misers about it, I'm leaving an hour early today/Friday.  That totally ruins my plans of going to a speakeasy to celebrate myself for getting through another whole week in The Fourth Department.  That place opens at 5, and I don't know what to do with myself if I could theoretically get home by 3 instead.  Besides, what happens if work keeps me past 40 hours?

This shit really is bothering me.  If they're checking my time down to the minute, even though my work in that department is (and should be) dictated by the work that's coming in ... I'm really, really not liking how I'm being micromanaged.  I really don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment