Saturday, March 30, 2024

Hey, Sweet Things! Ugh, Sweet Things ...

Once I realized I'll be really late for work, so late that it wouldn't make sense to eat dinner when the screening of the Ghostbusters movie (which I had bought for Wednesday until I realized I was going to the Timberwolves Game that day) was coming up, that I decided to take advantage of the free foods the fast food apps were offering me because it's my birthday month.  I went to Burger King for dinner so I could use some of to-be-expired points on a cheeseburger, then I went to Potbelly to get my free shake.

Also, I got a Coke to wash down my cheeseburger and mozzarella sticks at BK.  I did not finish either the Coke or the shake by the time I had to go to the theater.  (I was late, but luckily there was another screening of the film 40 minutes after the showing I intended to watch.)  So I came home and, luckily, neither of my parents saw me sneak in two cups of sugary foods.

However, Father came out of the master bedroom to tell me that Mother made what essentially is called "sugar water."  The bowl they made for me was special: Mother had made this spicy ball made out of mung beans.  I actually saw it the day before and thought they had bought and peeled potatoes.  Nope.  And I was shocked that it was spicy hot.  And, yes, it was sweet, though not tasty.  So just now I had this bowl of sugar water, and then I had to drink the rest of my Coke (tropical flavor), and then finish the oreo shake from Potbelly.  In other words, I think I may now have diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment