Saturday, March 9, 2024

God, My Boss Is Gonna Be So Pissed

Supervisor came to me yesterday/Friday afternoon and told me that the target time to leave, in order to be kept to 40 hours for the week, was 3:30.  Endeavor to leave at that time, she said, but I understand if work continues to come in.

Well, I hope my boss feels the same way as my supervisor, because I didn't leave at 3:30.  Nope, I left at 5.  And I wasn't milking it, either.  Answers came in.  Someone told me that I needed to e-mail a company to fix a report.  And I had end-of-day stuff that I have to do to make sure I didn't screw anything up.  Bing-bang-boom -- 90 minutes.

I know that I am being surveilled at work, through keystrokes and websites.  I did look up directions to the speakeasy I wanted to go to after work because I needed a goddamn drink (or two) to ruminate on how fucking pissed my boss probably will probably be that I racked up 90 minutes of OT.  And I hope that he isn't so pissed off that he looks through what I have done to make sure that my 90 minutes were spent actually working.  I keep saying that the work is the work, and I can't not do it because I have to leave "on time."  But I don't know if my boss will accept that, or will feel (from the people above him) he can accept that.  He might need to micromanage.  Or snoop.  And that will make work even harder to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment