Friday, March 22, 2024

Mother Comes Home Just In Time For A Goddamn Snowstorm

I was white-knuckling it on my way down to the airport and back.  It may have been the weather conditions, but being on tires on their last legs (so to speak) did not help my confidence.  I made it, even though it felt a few times like I was going to slip off the highway.  Still pissed that this guy my parents know fucking cancelled on me when I made an appointment with him to change my tires.  Then again, maybe I don't want my new tires to go through a snowstorm just as it starts its run ferrying my vehicle.  Maybe this can wait until after the winter.

Oh, and winter is back.  Maybe several inches by morning.  Then a whopper, probably the worst (and actually first) big blizzard of the winter -- which, ironically enough, is falling after The First Day Of Spring.  At least half a foot.  I'm glad I don't have to be anywhere on Sunday, when it's supposed to be falling and falling fast.

Mother got home just in time for this.  My parents are avoiding Minnesota now because they hate the cold and because they can.  And, ironically enough, after going through The Winter That Wasn't, both of them have come back just as we finally have winter.

I want to say that it's bugging me that I'm not alone anymore, but frankly, it's not bad right now.  I felt sad that Father may have been lonely, but now that he has someone, namely Mother, they're not lonely anymore.  And while I may regret saying this, seeing some life and noise inside this house is a welcome change.

Mother screamed at me through my bedroom door.  I thought she wanted me to do something for her.  Instead, she gave me a few Hard Rock shirts they bought during their trips to Asia.  Aw.  Mother will ask me for something annoying tonight/Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment