Thursday, March 28, 2024

No One Calling

Tuesday evening I was expecting to talk to this guy from this group from which someone nominated me to a position on the board of directors, anonymously.  I had my earbuds in and everything, waiting for him to call.  But he never did.

He did, however, e-mail me.  And he said he did call.  So I apologized and swore I would find a new time to speak with him about this position.  And then I went to my list of Google Voice calls (do y'all have Google Voice?) and saw that this person did call me, at our appointed time, and left a voicemail.  He didn't screw me over or forget.  If anything, my goddamn phone doesn't work because it should have rung when this guy called in and it didn't.  Seriously, I was on my phone, scrolling through social media, for an hour waiting for him to finally reach out to me.  So it's the phone's fault I am not hearing the phone ring, even though it's, you know, a cellphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment