Monday, May 6, 2013

Waste Sunday

Yesterday I went to the car parts store to finally, once and for all, change the busted tail light.  Damn tail light warning light on my dashboard has been pissing me off for months.  Thought I had the right-sized socket for it, but I was wrong, but I finally got the right one.  I thought.

Car parts stores are now awesome because I am now able to borrow some of the tools I need for free.  God bless 'em!  So I got a used screwdriver, screwdriver socket, and clamp-down wrench to remove the lining, jar loose the tail light assembly, and change the bulb.  And when the bulb that I had was the wrong one, I just had to go back inside and buy the right kind.

I checked it out and everything, I swear.  I even placed my bookbag on the brake pedal to make sure which tail light was broken.  But when I changed it and put everything back, drove off and pressed the brake pedal ... the warning light did not come on.  Until five seconds later, when it came back on.

So I worked on this for almost an hour, spent $4+ for new tail light bulbs, and used this much elbow grease, and I didn't change shit?  Fuck.  What a goddamn waste.

---

Afterwards I went to Wendy's for lunch.  Have a bunch of coupons from work, and I wanted to use them before they expire next weekend.  However, I had lunch with my parents before going out to the auto parts store -- noodles, and they were awesome, as usual.

Therefore, I wasn't hungry.  And yet I went to Wendy's instead.  I initially declined Mother's request for noodles.  But then Father asked me, and like I usually do when the second parent asks if I want something, my "no" turns into a "yes."  Besides, they are away for the next two weeks, so maybe they wanted to spend more time with me while it was possible (even though we were going to have dinner later that day anyway).

The question thus has to be asked: Why did I go to Wendy's?  Don't know, really.  I did wolf it down without a problem.  The small bowl of noodles helped.  And I was going to work out after this.  But I also wanted to go back because I failed to write down the amount of the Wendy's I ate in previous days and weekends for my Expenses Without Receipt.  Also, I wanted to try the other Flatbread Grilled Chicken Sandwich I didn't have last week, but I forgot which one, and I wanted to eat there again to try to see if I could remember which one I had eaten so I could try out the other one Sunday.  (BTW, I decided that I ate the cheaper honey mustard one last weekend, so I bought the more expensive ranch one.  Hope I'm right.)

Regardless of all that, I spent $4+, again, for food I wasn't hungry for?  What a goddamn waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment