Monday, May 13, 2013

Too Many Things To Do, Not Enough Time

Just got home from a coffee-stripclub-Italian trifecta Sunday night.  Felt good to go out, but now I'm too tired to do anything now that I'm home.  The fact that it's unseasonably cold doesn't help me stay up and work on my computer in the dining room.  So I'm blogging this, researching the downtown stripclub I'm going to and then going to bed.

This is not what I had in mind when my parents told me they would be gone for ten days.  There are a lot of fucking things I want and need to do.  If I was the young man I was ten years ago, I would be doing them right now.  Actually, if I didn't have to work, I would be able to do them later this week.  Instead, the only free time I have while the cats are away has been these 3+ days, from Friday afternoon till Monday evening. I guess I could have been more productive, but I did do a lot of things -- dried my clothes, laid down the feed for the lawn, took out the recyclables, got the car washed, and a bunch of things I wanted to but really couldn't because my parents would complain.

Nevertheless, there are some tasks I know I won't get around to once I have to go back to work Tuesday.  I wanted to bag some Entertainment Weeklys while they were gone; I'm not going to even get a chance to visit my storage room.  I want to clean up the house so my parents don't think I'm being lazy while they're gone, but I don't think I'll have the time or energy.  Goddamn, I still haven't gotten around to filling out my monthly expense list.  Instead I'm going to a stripclub tomorrow afternoon.

So much shit I should do, but four days won't be enough, especially since I'll be working the last three.  I really enjoy being away from my folks, but it still seems like I've wasted this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment