Sunday, May 12, 2013

Wore A Backpack For Nuthin'

I had planned on finally reconciling my expenses for last month when I ate at Wendy's yesterday.  But for some reason -- I think it was that I spent too much time dinkin' around on the computer, pushing back my entire schedule -- I decided to wait to do that until last night, when I decided I was going to go home and instead because I was drunk, or more likely this afternoon, which is the last day I could use the Wendy's coupons I got at work.

So I was ready.  I woke up early enough and I did not plan on using the car, so I planned on walking to Wendy's with my backpack holding all the receipts.  This was my top priority, and I was going to spend however long it took to finally catch up on writing down my expenses for April.

The walk was good, sunny although a bit cool, and the allergies were at bay for the most part.  When I get inside I open up my pocket to change my sunglasses for my real glasses and just to make sure I open up my smaller pouch first.  That's where I usually put my pens ... except that my pens weren't there.

That's when I remembered putting all my pens in my laptop before I headed off to my drinking excursion last night.  Can't write down my expenses if I have nothing to write with.  Fuck my fucking life.

So I just order (customer service at this place today was excellent, thank you guys!), sit down and just eat.  My stay at Wendy's had to be short, so I have another thing to do once I get home.  Well, two things: Write down my expenses and blogging about not being able to write down my expenses when I wanted to.  But I also planned on walking the long way home because I wanted to stop by the gas station and buy this radiator leak stoppage fluid.  For the better part of a year I have constantly put antifreeze into my overflow tank only to see it totally empty in short order.  I don't know what's going on, and none of the mechanics can say why either.  So what the fuck, I bought some and will put it in this week to see if that does anything.  Hopefully it won't ruin the radiator.

Anyway, I still had to deal with my backpack.  You know how if you're walking around with your backpack for a while your back gets hot and sweaty?  That, of course, is what happened to me.  I anticipated this, even with the relatively cool weather today.  But I wore it because I needed to write down my expenses.  And since I didn't do that because I fucking forgot to pack my goddamn pens, my back has become unduly fucking sweaty for no good goddamn reason.

So hate myself right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment