Monday, May 20, 2013

So I just finished, finally, the project today.  I actually was afraid we would not get completely done in time today, and the supervisor said today was it and anything left over they would do.

There were seven rooms that were working on this site.  Today there were only two, and the other one has been doing and continues to work on a project for a different state.  (They've been at it for some time; they were there before us and they'll be there after.)  Does the fact that we were the last ones mean we were slow?  The supe said they had till Monday, but no one else was there.

However, that meant that we still had money to make.  On the other hand, that may not reflect so well on all of us if we want to come back next year.  In fact, the supervisor kind of let out a little hint this morning while updating us on our status: "Some of you are working a little slower than usual."  I think she meant me.  In fact, I don't know if she's happy with us.  Sounds like she's the one that makes the decisions as to whether we're asked back.  I looked bad against two new people in our group.  Does she think I've been slacking off this year?

I hope I look OK in her eyes, but then again, I need to find a regular job.  I love working on this project, but it's not year-round, full-time.  If it was, that'd be great.  But honestly, if I somehow find something steady this time next year and I am asked back, I would have to say no.

And if it's in the same place, whereby I would have to sit in traffic for a goddamn hour going there and coming back, I would say no with a lot less angst.  Fortunately we were done with a half-hour to go.  And boy, what a difference that makes; it only took me 40 minutes to get to the library to blog this.

No comments:

Post a Comment