Thursday, May 9, 2013

Changes To Satellite Radio

Because National/Minnesota Public Radio started their pledge drive today -- something I sheepishly stay away from while they're doing it because it's debasing -- I am going to be listening to a little more satellite radio on my way to and from work.

Today, in preparation for a hellish commute (which turned out not to be so hellish; I got home only a little bit after 6!!!) I turn it on and, while still trying to pay attention to the road, flip through my pre-programmed favorites.  Except that one was not coming in.  Even taking into account bad reception -- the highway dips low for a spell, which often means Sirius XM cuts out -- it still wasn't coming in.  So, at the risk of running into a car, I look and down and see that when I hit Favorite No. 10, it reverts back to The Joint, Favorite No. 9.  Which means only one thing: There has been a channel change.

And yep, it happened, today.  No biggie because I have to confess something: That channel is one I never listened to.  In fact, I'm not quite sure if that channel that got moved was Christina Radio, which I think it was.  I didn't have the intention of listening to Hispanic talk radio.  This is the result of yet another channel realignment that happened before today.  That channel, 143 I think (just checked; it either is or was BYU Radio ... shit, I have no idea what channel number No. 10 is!), was the traffic channel for the Twin Cities.  When 143 was given to Christina Radio, I forgot how to reprogram my Favorites.  And it's be a long time if I've kept the same numbers as it has realigned yet again.

I was too lazy, but now that Channel 143/Favorite No. 10 is being unused on my receiver, I think it's time I look into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment