Monday, May 27, 2013

I've Got A New TV Channel All Of A Sudden

A day, or two days ago I was flipping through channels on my TV.  I usually punch in a specific channel instead of spinning through the remote, but sometimes I flip just because.  Well, just because came through for me because I suddenly found a new subchannel I had not scanned for.  The name of this subchannel is an oxymoron: Movies! TV Channel (and yeah, the exclamation point is very, very stupid).  It's on 29.4 and so is being carried by the MyTV syndicated station in town.  You know, I thought that you needed to scan your TV to get any channels that are set up.  The one in the dining room isn't updated yet so I guess we have to scan that one.  But I don't have to scan mine?  Alright, that's cool.

It had been in previews all weekend but was promoting that it was going live Memorial Day.  What time, I don't know, but they had a website to check out the schedule.  Unfortunately I forgot or was too lazy to check that website out last night to see when its first-ever movie was going to air, so when I closed down my computer I just put my TV on that channel, turned off that TV, and hoped that I would catch the beginning of the birth of Movies! TV Channel by pure luck.

I feel kind of bad that I didn't know till after the fact that Movies! TV went live at 7 Central Daylight Time this morning.  But I wasn't going to wake up at 7 just to see it.  Also, with all the hype this subchannel was playing on a loop to promote itself, I think they could have selected a much more famous movie to start off the subchannel than Take A Hard Ride, a Western starring Jim Brown I've never heard of.  Apparently Movies! is going to be similar to another of the shit subchannels that we get over free TV, the equally-dumb-named This.  That This is just a way for the owners of MGM's library of films to get any use out of its vault.  Don't know if there's one studio whose flicks will comprise all of Movies! programming, but I doubt I'll ever watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment