Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Very Last Snowstorm Of The Winter Was All For Naught

From yesterday morning up to about the evening news last night, there was talk that we got socked with yet another blizzard.  And up to half a foot, which was our total for two of our three April snowstorms.  Hell, the record for most snowfall in any May (the whole month) is only three inches.  That did not sit well with me, at all.  I am more than done with this fucking winter, and I hated to prepare by sleeping in early just so I could wake up early so I can shovel.

Well, imagine my surprise when I got up and looked through my window and saw that the roads were wet but not covered in slushy snow that I would have to shovel.  I received good news on the late news: The Winter Storm Warning was dropped both for the counties I live in and work.  Honestly, if we were going to be inconvenienced by such a long and bad winter, might as well set the record.  But at least I can take the time I had set aside for shoveling to do the blogging I wanted to do late at night.

The weatherman for Minnesota Public Radio, Paul Huttner, I have found to be a bit overestimated when it comes to his forecasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment