Thursday, May 16, 2013

Addendum To: Too Many Things To Do, Not Enough Time

Folks come back home tomorrow.  Realized one important thing: I've been so busy and electing to do other things that I have not even dropped by The Store even once.

A couple weeks ago Mother mentioned that they were at The Store, which means that, as of right now, they still own it.  If that is true, thank Buddha that we still have that old lady in the family.  I wonder what happened to the sale of it?  Anyway, it would have been natural for me to at least drop by and just sit in my car in the parking lot, then go up to the red back door and kiss it.  If I were really daring I would come in, look around and take a nap in my folks' nap room, like I wanted to do the last time they took an extended vacation.  But with work and the things I wanted to do over my four-day weekend, like go to stripclubs and work out, I knew there was no chance I'd get around to doing that.  In fact, it almost slipped my mind that I was missing The Store during my parents' week-plus cruise.  I've been so busy but then it'd hit me: "Hey, The Store!  Maybe I should go around there and check to at least make sure nothing's caved in or something.  Wait ... shit, I'll have no time."  I thought that maybe three times while they've been away.  That is the closest I got to thinking about The Store.

---

Shit, there are so many other things I wanted to do but couldn't, like redo my taxes (I paid too much, turns out), going through my newspapers (recycling day's tomorrow; the only saving grace is that the contractor dumped so much shit into the receptacle it's just about full now) and give the couches a better cleaning.  Well, at least I was able to finally do my monthly expense list.  I decided to skip a house party on Monday, and I feel good that I did something productive while I was missing a chance to get my pee-pee stroked.

No comments:

Post a Comment