Saturday, May 4, 2013

Work Has Been Killing Me, In A Way

I am now more adjusted to a very early sleep schedule, where I am so tuckered out by the day (and, I must say, the commute, which I kind of melted down on on my way home yesterday even though, as afternoon rushes go, it wasn't the worst) that after work and maybe a shower (I'm violating The Contract!!!) I am ready for bed.  More and more often as I go through this project this has been happening to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for the work (I going in for overtime in a few hours) and sleep is great whenever you need and/or get it.  But that means I push what I usually try to do in the evenings till after I get up.  And sometimes I don't want to get up.  Sometimes I want to roll around and try and get some quick nightmare sleep before I actually have to get up for good.

Couldn't do that today, and took myself five minutes of trying to see if I could just pass out again before I reluctantly got up.  There are things I had to do, like blog here, make a very fast write-up about the Kentucky Derby, and map out a new way to get to work because this weekend part of my old way to work is closed.  I'll probably get all of this done by the time I actually have to head out to work.

But it should all be worth it in the end.  After I deposit my payroll check I'm going to roll out to see my ATF.  She's gonna yank my pee-pee somethin' fierce today!

No comments:

Post a Comment