Thursday, May 2, 2013

Three Things

  1. I finally had time to cash in my paycheck.  But when I saw the new total, it was at least $500 less than what I thought my balance would look like.  I'll be totally honest: I was hovering around a grand total in my account.  I hadn't been that low since my darkest days in El Paso.  I had to check if everything was OK, specifically if I transferred my entire CD and paid my credit card in time.  I did.  Everything checked out ... which means that I really am down to my last my dollars.  Well, at least until the paycheck.  I do get paid tomorrow as well, and I can't wait to cash that in, just so I can look at my checking account like I did an Ethiopian child back in the 80's.  But shit, I once had an account that exceeded five figures, and now I'm flirting close to one that has only three.  What happened to me?  Or, what happened to Real Life?
  2. Because of this I got into a panic about this future paycheck.  I have looked up the deductions.  For record-keeping purposes, I pay 6.2% out of every paycheck for Social Security, 1.45% out of every paycheck for Medicare ... and an uncertain percentage for federal and state taxes.  (I just tried calculating how much I get deducted for those two things from two previous paychecks and they were different for both.)  So I don't know exactly how much money I'm going to lose to the government.  Every penny I have to pay is less that goes in to replenish my account.  And I am already fucking anxious.
  3. I forgot the third thing, so I'm going to either assume or make this the third thing: I am happy that we got overtime available Saturday.  I certainly need all the money I can get.  But I had a, ahem, "session" planned with my All-Time Favorite then.  I could get there if I can push it back an hour.  I need the relaxation, but I wouldn't mind if I could save my money if she says no or otherwise flakes out.  I should just be happy that I have the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment