Sunday, September 13, 2015

Addendum To: Addendum To: Now My Friend Is Affected (ETA: sic) My Driving

Friday my frenemy sent me back an e-mail.  And despite a couple serious accusations in the beginning of it, it appears as though he, like me in my response to him, is pumping the brakes on the vitriol.  Or maybe I'm just wishing that were true because I don't want to fight anymore.

To make absolutely that this fight indeed was his fault, I looked back on our back-and-forth.  There may -- may -- have been a point where I may -- may -- have gone off.  At one point he said that, because I didn't do this he wasn't able to tip off his friends into getting into the league, which means it was my fault.  And either because I was pissed, or scared, or wanted to go on the attack before I had to defend myself or simply wanted to let him know how it was going to be, I left him have it.  And maybe that triggered something in him that gave him permission (at least in his mind) to go off on me.

Well, shit.  I don't want to lose this guy forever, but I still have too much pride to back down from what I said.  Sometimes I think it's better if I just go build a cabin in the woods and live by myself for a couple years, like Henry David Thoreau.

No comments:

Post a Comment