Sunday, September 27, 2015

Grandmother, Where Are You?

I had thought that since my parents are out of town, that would mean I would speak to Grandmother more often because I would feel free to contact her while I'm at home and not need to call her only on those nights where I'm out.  But it's actually been just the opposite; frankly, Grandmother has never been more out of my mind more than recently.  Guess that with the pressure of finding the time to talk to her off, I don't feel the need to devote time to remember her.

I have tried to talk to her a couple times.  First time, which was more than a week ago, we exchanged pleasantries.  The next time a man, whom I believe is her biological son, told me to call back "in the morning" -- which translates, via time zone, to 12 hours later, when it was nighttime here and morning there.  I did that ... and the contact number I have always used to speak to her was, according to the robotic, disembodied voice, disconnected.  Disconnected?  Got the same thing when I tried it again.

A disconnected line?  Her son saying to try to call them the next morning?  While I got lazy, something happened.  Is the son trying to hide something?  Is something wrong with Grandmother?  Did something happen?  Is she still there?  Man, I need to try again.  And in the meantime I'm going to try and talk to my sister about it.  She probably has a better pulse on what the heck is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment