Saturday, September 12, 2015

My Wallet's Getting Thinner While My Waistline's Getting Bigger

It has dawned on me that it is quite possible that I am spending more money on eating out than on strippers.  I have surmised that yesterday afternoon.  I went to the University of Minnesota volleyball game, where I customarily eat my hot dog and drink my Coke.  After that, I was debating out whether I should go home because I was tired.  Eventually, however, I realized that I should go to this place where I might be going to the next night (which is tonight) to watch our alma mater's game.  I wasn't hungry, but I needed to see these guys, so I had wings and a beer.  (Turned out to be money well spent, in my estimation; the guy who served me says he's going to be at work around gametime, so he'll at the very least make sure we get to see the game.)

I couldn't finish watching the rerun of Washington Week, so I conked off around 2:15, but I woke up at 8.  I then felt energized enough to try and make it to downtown Minneapolis to hit the 9 o'clock soccer games, although, once again, I got there too late before the games began, which pisses me off.  I knew I had a long day out, and that nearly always means I'll be shoving something in my mouth while I am.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money today, plus I still felt the wings in my belly.  So I limited myself to a Strongbow at the pub.  I then had to check in with the bar where we usually see our games to say that we're not seeing this week's game there; I got a soup and sandwich but just water to drink.  I then needed to blog, so I'm at Caffetto to bang this out.  At least I'm getting only a coffee.

I think I'll trim my sails and go home before hitting this bar in St. Paul for the 7 o'clock game tonight.  But to make sure we can come back to them if we need them again this season, I'll be having dinner.  And I'll need to get there way before 7, so I think I'll eat a lot.  More food, more money.

Swear to God, as soon as my parents leave, I'm just going to hole up in the house and just eat all the leftovers they left for me.  Well, can't do that ... have to go to Buffalo Wild Wings next week. ...

(One caveat to all of this: I was at a stripper party before the volleyball game.  I ate a lot of food, but I also spent a lot of money on strippers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment