Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Car Follies

Oh, great: I'm now home and the car still isn't done.  Got a voicemail as soon as I touched down from the body shop; they only told me that it's due back tomorrow ... late in the day tomorrow.  That's what the guy told me when I scheduled my car to be brought in, but he said there was a chance it'll be done today (Wednesday), which is what I needed.

That brings up a whole can of worms.  With the benching of my old car (its insurance ran out Friday), technically we have only one car.  Also, I still have that experiment in downtown Minneapolis that I have to go to.  I could have done my own thing with my car back, say, in the morning.  But instead I am strapped to my parents' schedule; I can only do my own thing once they are done with what they're doing.

That has its twist, too.  Normally I could get it as soon as Mother comes home from ... well, she leaves in the morning to do something and she's back some time in the morning.  I could get the car back then, but now there's some clean-up in one of their real estate properties, and they need the minivan for that.  Well, since I can't go out and do my thing, they have tasked me to wake up early in the morning and go with them; as Mother is doing her morning thing, Father and I are going to clean up this house.  Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.  I'll be sweaty and tired early in the morning, and then I'll get the use of the only car in the household in order to get to what constitutes work for right now.  And then I have to get back home earlier than usual so I can get the car, which should (should) be done by then.

Things never work out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment