Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Season Of Shockingly Productive Shitting May Be Over

Happy Autumnal Equinox/First Day Of Fall, everybody!

This time last week, I had a lot of food for our alumni club's trivia night -- I mean, like, a lot.  It was an effort to pump up the funds we'd get kicked back to us after I was ... "told" that we're not making enough money for them.  So naturally I felt it in my bowels that evening and the following morning.

But the defecation kept coming for the next week or so.  And they were painful, too.  It felt like liquefied shit was coming out of me, but when I get up and look down, I just see solid shits in the bowl.  But they did not have the smooth surface of my ordinary feces; many of them were very light brown and looked rough on the surface, like barnacles started living on them.

I thought I still wasn't eating right after the trivia night, but even in times where I hadn't eaten in hours, I felt these sharp pangs in my side, and I knew it was time to go.  And these powerful, painful shits seemed to keep going even after I, say, ate an apple, or drank just a cup of coffee.

What felt like this final "bad" bowel movement happened yesterday morning, and I think my regularity has gone back to regular.  And then I thought that the reason I was running to the bathroom so much this past week wasn't because of the pub food I ate but the time of the season.  I love the fall, but my body goes through some pretty significant changes after Labor Day and the weather begins to cool.  In this case, I think my body is passing through all of the ... "stuff" it would keep in my body if it were summer and it was still hot outside.  Maybe that was what all that was about.

And the thing is, it's not that cold, at least not yet.  We've had a few days in the sixties, and it's been cloudy from time to time.  And today's supposed to be a completely rainy day.  But temps are supposed to reach 80 this weekend, where it'll also be beautifully sunny.  So I guess I shouldn't expect to shit (at least not more than usual) this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment