Friday, September 4, 2015

I Am Beset On All Sides By Fucking Bullshit

So I was supposed to get my car back yesterday.  But when it got late in the workday I called them.  "Oh," the guy from the body shop said, "I totally forgot about you."  What???  "Yeah, we were supposed to get the car back, but we haven't, and I totally had to do other things, so I'll call them back."  Geez, thanks.

Well, they're not done, so this guy's promise that I'd get it by end of day Thursday was a lie.  They need to do a part -- guess he's not the guy who was doing my car -- and then they'll drive it over, then he and his people need to do a part -- there's yet another part to Paintless Dent Repair? -- and then they want to make the car all clean and nice for me and then they'll call me so I can fork over over two grand for getting my car late.  I should get some fucking money back for this bullshit.

Because I haven't had my car, I have been thrown into a Seinfeldian nightmare.  I've had to rework my entire schedule around my parents' minivan, and thus my parent's schedule.  I was going to come in Thursday afternoon to give the body shop as much time as possible to fix my car, but that was before they knew they weren't going to be done with my car until the afternoon.  The scheduler said if I could come in in the morning, and I thought I could, since I would (theoretically at least) have the minivan in the morning.  But then in the morning my parents blindsided me by saying that they need to get their passport back, and then they needed to fix the house ASAP.  Well, fuck you guys.  I had to stay at home and beg the scheduler to delay my appointment back until the afternoon while they go out and do whatever the fuck they said they needed to do.

On top of that, I didn't know they were going to be late with my car until after I got down with my Thursday session and after I already scheduled my Friday appointment ... in the morning.  Now I had to allow as much time as possible for them once again, so I pushed my time back in the afternoon.  So now I fucking wait for these guys to get off their asses and finish my car so I can go to work and get my money.  I'm glad the schedulers have been so cool with me just coming in whenever, because if I were them I'd be pissed at me.

In the meantime I've spent a lot of daytime with my folks, and since they're leaving for their annual sojourn around the world, they're freaking out about making sure they're affairs are in order, which means they've been telling me to do everything under the sun before they leave.  Not only have I just gotten their lecture of all their real estate shit they need me to look over every goddamn day, I spent last night preparing a fucking rebate for My Fucking Father's goddamn camera.  I had my fantasy football draft to do, and instead I'm doing up a goddamn rebate form?

This bullshit is driving me nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment