Tuesday, October 27, 2015

That One Facebook Friend

I have this Facebook friend, but one that I have met in person, that constantly posts stuff on her feed, dozens of them, every fucking day.  It's very annoying to plow through all the Notifications (and I click on every single new one), and see that of the 20 or so new ones, half of them are from her.  And they take two forms.  One form is tedious updates of every single boring piece of minutia at the beginning of each day, talking about the weather (she lives in Tampa), what she's going to do, what she hopes to accomplish, and a little self-pep talk to get her going.  The other form are all these inspirational memes and links and GIFs and pictures and ... I don't know what you call that shit, but it looks as though she spends all her waking hours posting these on her page, and since I'm her friend, I get them on my Notifications.  An occasional one of those are fine, and some of them are really touching.  She apparently has been affected by suicide, for example, so I have, on occasion, Shared her memes related to suicide.  But most of the time they're the annoying "you can do it!" messages that she seems unduly fixated on.

I Like all of them, even though I secretly hate most of them.  Well, it's not like I hate them; they're fine in and of themselves.  But slogging through ten of these trite mottoes that are intended to brighten up my (and more likely her) day every single day gets to be a chore.  I use to enjoy seeing what Notifications I get every time I login to Facebook; now, I don't.

But I am not at the point where I will defriend her.  Why?  She used to be a stripper up at My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition).  She even let me touch her boobs a couple times when I got lap dances from her there, something which is a definite no-no.  Because of that, I will accept all of these tiresome updates.  But if this keeps up, who knows?  Is there a way to still be friends with someone without seeing her Notifications?

No comments:

Post a Comment