Monday, October 5, 2015

Yesterday Was A Productive, And Thus Good, Day

My friend from college was up in town to see his Royals sweep the Twinks this weekend (way to finish strong, Twinks!), and on Saturday morning, while I was downtown watching the English Premier League, he texted me saying we should meet up.  I waited for him all Sunday to get back to me about when and where to meet.  He didn't.

I'm not mad.  In fact I'll be honest: I preferred my original plan to just stay home Sunday, watch football and work on things, and seeing my friend would kind of bollix that up.  But on the thinking that I would have to spend at least part of my day with him, I got up around 8:30 (the time of the London NFL game between Miami and the Jets) and started to pound through my to-do list.

Well, he never got back to me.  So, at some point, I slowed my torrid pace and realized that I can do what I need and want to do without my heart racing because, with the exception of about five or ten minutes watering the melons outside, I can stay inside like a hermit!

With the pressure off I felt even more productive in catching up with a lot of things I needed to do.  Specifically I did the following:

  • Blog for the day, which I decided, because I had time, would be the Expenses Without Receipts post that was about ten weeks coming;
  • Post the latest event on our alumni club;
  • Finally reply to the people who replied to a particular e-mail address I thought was going to forward to the e-mail addy I use.  Those two people sent me messages back in late July, early August.  It was, well, beyond time to get back to them and beg them for their forgiveness;
  • Paid a bill for my parents.
I think that was a full day.  And I caught up on a lot of things Sunday, things that needed to be done.  Unfortunately, I have other things I need to do now, including;

  • E-mailing the owner of the bar about the game we're watching there Thursday;
  • Trying to e-mail the entire alumni club about that game Thursday;
  • E-mailing the lawyers I sent this claim form to ... with, accidentally, my parents' original deed to one of their properties.
And hopefully I'll have time to do it some time this week ... while spending time with my friend, who just Messengered me and said he'll be here all week!  Hey, everything's coming up Milhouse!


No comments:

Post a Comment