Saturday, October 3, 2015

Addendum To: What Mess Of My Parents Do I Have To Clean Up Now?

Well, fuck me, I made a bad situation worse.  I was running around getting all the copies put together at the library, then I saw that I had to go back home to upload some documents onto my thumb drive, then I went back to the library to print out said documents before the library closed, then I headed to the post office to send the package before the post office closed.

Once I got home and breathed a sigh of relief, I reassembled all of my parents' real estate documents.  One problem: I don't know where one of the deeds is.

Goddammit.

Either I left it on the library printer/copier or I accidentally put it in the envelope and sent it.  In retrospect, maybe that guy who looked like he wanted to print something freaked me out (in the former case), and maybe I should have looked at what exactly I was putting into the envelope before I sealed it (in the latter).

Oh, well.  I don't think a lot can happen if the deed falls into the wrong hands.  And thank Buddha that I can order a new one.  Worst comes to worst, I'll do that, but I hope that either it's still there at the library or, come early next week, when I reach someone at the law firm taking care of the claim form the original deed is packaged with, that person has the heart to send it back.

God, I hate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment