Monday, October 19, 2015

OK Weekend, Not-So-Bad Week, But Both Are Busy

Sunday made up for Saturday.  There was a possibility that I had to fill in for my friend at a stressful position for the Vikings game, but he came back from the thing he needed to in plenty of time.  My job, which I did not know I needed to do until I got there, was to look at social media.  I can do that.  And for that I get a lot more money for other jobs that had a lot more responsibility.

Was so sleepy after that that I had to crash for the Sunday night game between New England and The Bastard Baltimore Colts.  Fell asleep just before the game and got up after the post-game was over.  Heard it was a good game; thought the Patriots were going to kill Indianapolis.  Guess I could have stayed up, but I had to report to work by 7:30.  Also, staying up till 2:30 the night before probably wasn't a good idea.

So I am back to the grind, getting up at a normal time like all the normal people.  But I'm still training, and if this new thing I'm learning this week is anything like learning the other part of my job last week, it'll be a bunch of things that are going to be thrown at me alongside a lot of down time because my supervisor has to tend to other things.  As long as I am not expected to do things first thing Monday, I can handle it.  And I think my supervisors are going to make sure the learning curve will not be steep at all, thank goodness.

The big thing this week, non-work-related (of course), is to hit two very fancy restaurants that will close Saturday.  Both La Belle Vie and Masa announced they were shutting down, so I want to "commemorate" their excellent food and service by dropping by and eating at their bars before they're done.  I think La Belle Vie may be the harder place to get into; although Masa has been quite lauded, La Belle Vie has been held up as the tabula rasa, the main representative of fine dining in the Twin Cities, and I think for that reason the lounge may very well be crowded every day this week.  I'll give it a shot, but it's tough to find a spot when you're given less than a month's notice to drop on by before they shut their doors.

I have my friend, who loves to dine fine, and maybe we should meet and eat together.  Or maybe not.

---

Oh, one other thing: I may have gotten so busy that I didn't check in for my Daily Reward on Mafia Wars, therefore I did not get the grand prize for checking in for seven straight days, therefore I think I got busted all the way back down to Day 1.  I've been pretty diligent in checking in daily so I get the "Golden Reward" on Sundays, but I think that's all screwed now.  Guess I had time Saturday afternoon to do it, but I was worried about being awake for the meeting and the game-watching no one went to.

No comments:

Post a Comment