Wednesday, October 14, 2015

About To Be Back To Work, And I'm Pissed

So yesterday (Tuesday) morning I get a call from my temp agency.  I've had a few leads in regards to job prospects after I realized that, hey, the money's not coming in as fast as it could, I need more.  I've actually gone outside my agency to look for other jobs; that's how "expansive" my search has become.  They, as well as my "main" agency, are the ones with the leads, and the status of those is something along the lines of, "We'll get your paperwork sent over and we'll see what happens next" -- that isn't imminent, but it's a lot more effort than I've put into my work search since my parents left.


But this call changes all of that.  There has been an emergency job that's popped up, and my contact says that I'd be perfect for it.  It's not as long as the other leads: Mid-January as opposed to mid-February.  And the start date is not a few weeks out, like the others.  It's ASAP, as soon as my background check comes back in.  That could come as soon as Friday.  Or tomorrow.


And for some damn reason I'm mad.  Yes, I am happy that I have found work.  But you know what?  I was pretty goddamn happy being unemployed.  It's funemployment, that's what it is.  I liked getting up in the morning because I wanted to, not because I had to.  I was able to laze about the house without needing to go anywhere.  I could go to sleep when I want.  Hell, I could do whatever I want when I want.


And now I can't do that anymore I am reflecting on the things I want to do but know I won't have the time for anymore.  Such like sorting through my papers, or writing that sample for that job.  After I get home from this particular job I'll have to sort through my parents' mail, deal with my parents' mail, talk to my parents, then sleep.  That'll be my week.  Forty-plus hours of the grind, just so I can stop being broke.  You know, right now, I'd rather be broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment