Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Nadir

I thought last year, when only one person showed up, was bad.  This seemed to be worse.  We were at a different place, by necessity, but only the person who said she volunteered to become part of the board showed up.  Just us two people, and she was nice, but what a goddamn burn for people not to show up.

Worse yet, just yesterday (Saturday) afternoon there was one person who said that he wanted to see the game at our old place, and another who said that he was at our old place when he contacted me.  I did send out the news that we were switching places in the middle of the week, and I guess I could have given more lead time, but I think I gave enough time to let those guys know that we were moving somewhere else.  Now, out of the blue, mere hours before the game was supposed to start, these guys want to watch back at our old place?  And the most frustrating thing about it is, neither guy has been to our old place, ever.  And now they just say we should be back there?  The hell?

And yet, we needed both of those guys tonight.  For some reason, they didn't make it to us.  What really scares me is if they were actually able to see the game at our old stomping grounds.  I was told that we shouldn't be there because it was going to be busy.  If it turns out that it wasn't busy?  Well, fuck.

No one's showing up for these goddamn things anymore.  Why in the hell do I keep trying then?

No comments:

Post a Comment