Friday, October 9, 2015

Well, Last Night Was A Fucking Disaster In More Ways Than One

I really didn't think my alma mater could lose, but they did.  So infuriating.  The turnovers early didn't help, especially the one that was immediately parlayed into a Halfback Touchdown.  The offensive line barely kept our Quarterback upright and the defensive line was completely unable to pressure their QB.  The talent started to match the mismatch I thought was apparent when they drove late in the game, but that didn't stop our Head Coach from attempting a Field Goal when we all thought there was only one drive left and we needed to go all the way for a TD late in the fourth quarter.  And then our Kicker misses it.  What the fuck?

And only one couple showed up.  It's my old friend and his gal.  Without them no one would have showed up.  I said it before and I'll say it again: If no one shows up, what the fuck am I doing this for?  I was walking there and worrying about me being the only person there (although thank God I texted this guy and he came), and I wanted to turn back because I knew this felt like an exercise in humiliation.  And Buddha bless these two, but it was.

And it's going to be even worse now that our team lost.  Who the hell wants to go downtown and pay $6 to see an overrated team?  I wouldn't.  Too bad I'm President and have to do this.

The only good thing about this is that I have ten days not to think about this.  I have to worry about this guy coming over and mowing the lawn, and from then on, tonight, all day tomorrow and all day Sunday I don't have to worry about a goddamn thing.  Me pitying myself for doing things and not getting appreciated for it can wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment