Friday, October 2, 2015

What Mess Of My Parents Do I Have To Clean Up Now?

I've been putting this claim form off for a while now, but I can no longer.  This isn't about stocks, however.  Apparently the owners of a couple of real estate properties they own in Las Vegas filed for bankruptcy, and there's a chance that we are owed money as a result of it.

Actually, I have no damn clue if my parents can get any money from it.  This is a claim form that allows us (I say us, even though it's my parents' business interests, because, as usual, I am doing this for them) to recoup money, like all of the claim forms I filled out for bad stocks in the nineties that went belly-up under murky circumstances.  But there are no stocks to go back and review transactions for what might be a bad real estate transaction.

I should amend my sentence above; I doubt that my parents can get any money from it.  But the documents that they require for me to send as proof for this claim is available (although it's in an unorganized pile of crap in My Father's file cabinet), and I have until Monday to do this.  I did ask someone on the bankruptcy filing's website live chat feature if I needed to file a claim, and he or she openly admitted he or she is looking at the instructions on the claim form which was sent to my parents when he or she said, "Uh, maybe."  Thanks for the help.

So I'm doing it, as best as I can.  Spent a good chunk of last night hauling out all pertinent information to the properties in question.  I have then spent this morning going through each page to see if I can find the documents that I need to copy and send to these guys.  I'll be honest: These lawyers are asking for a lot of documentation, and I don't think I want to send them everything.  I think I've found the deeds (or what constitutes deeds; this real estate ownership thing is hard), and I'm going to only send them that because I will otherwise be spending hours at the library copying hundreds of papers, and I'm not going to do that.  I'm bluffing through all the information they're asking.  And I hope that's enough when I make all the copies, buy a manila envelope, and send it before close of business today.  At the very least I hope that these guys do the same thing that many of the lawyers for these stock claim forms have done, which is ask for more information for incomplete forms that virtually extend the deadline without completely invalidating the form.  It's the best I can do.

For all of this I think I deserve the blowjob I'm getting from ***a* soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment