Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cavity Nag

OK, so I got a cavity filled in this afternoon.  This is the upper-left molar; specifically, silver amalgam was put around the back end of the tooth -- the area furthest away from the mouth and any attempt to brush it.  Really, it's impossible to keep it clean.  A filling to protect back there, at least for me, was inevitable.

What I didn't need, however, is the ... I don't know what you call it, nagging or berating or lecturing or insulting I got from the dental student who applied it.  First, while she was drilling me she said, "That's why you need to brush every day!"  Like I'm a child.  Then, when I was finished and I was asking her if I can eat and drink whatever I want with this new filling in, she said the only thing I shouldn't do is brush that area vigorously tonight -- "But it doesn't look as if you've brushed back there at all."

Bitch, I don't know if you're being funny or condescending, I don't need that bullshit.  The fact that you "caught" me for not brushing my teeth doesn't mean you get to lay into me.

And don't worry about not brushing vigorously tonight.  I'm not brushing my teeth at all tonight.  Hell, I didn't brush my teeth at all last night either.  You saw that too, didn't you?  That I was caught red-handed (red-toothed?) is the only reason I didn't slap you and walk out.

No comments:

Post a Comment