Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Real Last Day Of Summer

Holy crap, it reached 85 degrees in the Twin Cities, a new record high.  Even as a non-summer weather fan, I have to note how unusual such a warm temperature is this time of the year.

So I was going to enjoy this last day of summer by walking outside, right?  Hell no!  It's Sunday!!  It's football day!!!  My plan was that, since this was my second (and last) of back-to-back weekends where I didn't have to worry about either anybody showing up to our alma mater football game parties (on Saturday) or working the Vikings game (on Sunday), I would get up and eat and go on the Internet and maybe do some real estate things for my parents and take a nap whenever I want to.  You know, kind of like what I did last Sunday.  (I think I masturbated last week, too.)  I rarely have days where I can tool around all by myself to the point where I don't even have to crack up a window to let any of that nasty outside air in.

But in the end, I took a walk early in the New England-Dallas late game.  It was 85 degrees and sunny.  I had to get out there.  And you know, it was a nice walk where I burned off some of the huge plate of spaghetti I made for lunch.  I went to a trail close to  home.  My parents walk it now all the time, but it's the first time I went there, at least by myself (maybe my sister and her best friend and I walked down through that trail once, can't remember).  It's really nice, and the combination of the early fall sun and the turning and falling leaves made for a scene so perfectly fall-like, I had to snap a picture.  And I will put one up as soon as I learn how to add a photo onto Blogger.

One other point: Since I was dead set on staying completely at home today, I gave little though to doing anything else.  That included, I'm afraid, the United States Open Racquetball Championships.  I don't think I've ever played racquetball, let alone watched it.  But apparently for the week the best players in the world were in Minneapolis -- well, until this afternoon.  I am a big fan of seeing the best players at what they do in the most prestigious tournaments possible.  That's why a huge chunk of my latest vacation to St. Louis was spent watching the Sinquefield Cup.  But, alas, I had plans, which basically consisted of sitting on my ass.  If the racquetball championships are in the Twin Cities next year, though, I'm going.  Totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment