Thursday, September 8, 2016

Will My Parents Be Pleased? (Scheduled Post)

Tomorrow/today/Thursday will be the first of two days where we stay in the same place for back-to-back days.  That has its drawbacks because, while it's great to finally have a day where we won't have to pack up and leave, I feel the pressure of finding stuff for the family -- and really my parents -- to do.

We had a meeting last (Wednesday) night about what we're going to do.  The only thing that was a necessity was my sister meeting a friend.  Per my sister's friend, there is a recommendation to go to two restaurants, one of which we'll probably hit for the day.  The rest, I'm afraid, is up in the air.  And for all of our recommendations and the plan we cobbled together, I don't know if my parents are approving of the idea of going around the new Chinatown in Toronto and then hitting a marketplace.

See, this is why I want to vacation alone.  I set my own expectations, and if I am disappointed, I am the only one to blame, and since I really can't blame myself, I'm not that disappointed.  But for all the stuff I and my sister try to do, I don't know if it's good enough for my folks.  And it really does suck that I have to please my parents on a vacation, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment