Saturday, September 3, 2016

To Be The Black Sheep Of The Family (Scheduled Post)

You know, Friday wasn't a bad day.  There wasn't anything I had to do.  I certainly didn't have to go to work.  I went to Caffetto in the morning, and my computer worked there.  And then, later in the day, I went to the State Fair to hang out with my sister and brother-in-law.  I really have nothing to complain about.

But yet I have everything I can complain about, and I am.  My weight gain is still out of control; goddamn, I love the State Fair, but I'm packing on an extra 12 pounds for the 12 days of The Great Minnesota Get-Together.  While at the Fair my sister informed me that my brother and sister-in-law are coming over, for dinner, with our niece.  I still have to route our trip to Niagara Falls.  And I'm still stressing over hosting the game tomorrow.  And by the way, I have lost the keys to the alumni club lockbox.

Seeing the whole family at dinner tonight and seeing that everyone is paired up except me (and my niece, but she's only 2 1/2, so she doesn't count), it's obvious that there are many adult things everybody else in family has gotten and accepted and is, for lack of a better word, dealing with that I cannot even fathom.  Being an adult doesn't sit well with me.  And the fact that I felt so overwhelmed when, if I take a step back and take a deep breath, there might not be that much going on, could be a reason why.  What I mean by that is is that I feel so overwhelmed by setbacks that roll off the backs of the other members of my family, and I think most people.

I felt so overwhelmed that, after dinner, I left for Glam Doll, just for some me time -- even though I had a lot of me time in the morning, and even though I left at half past nine at night.  I made up an excuse that the bar where we're watching the game e-mailed me about something that I didn't like, and I had to go over there to make sure we could watch the game.  Pure bullshit, but as I type this right now I feel so free because I'm away from my family.

I'll need it, because for a whole week I'll have nothing but my family.  I'll be alienated every second of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment